AgreenSkills session, year: 1st session, 2012
Receiving laboratory: BIA Biopolymers - Interactions and Assemblies Research Unit Angers-Nantes, France
Country of origin : Serbia
In situ observation of polysaccharides in plant tissues by MALDI mass spectrometry
The objective of this mobility project is to implement the Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization Mass Spectrometry Imaging (MALDI MSI) method in order to observe the spatial distribution of cell wall polysaccharides in wheat grains. This technique has recently emerged as a powerful method for resolving both the spatial distribution and structures of many kinds of molecules in intact tissue sections. However, none of these MSI studies have focused on the imaging of complex cell-wall polysaccharides, despite the asymmetric distribution of these compounds throughout plant tissues and the important roles of these molecules regarding cell wall properties, plant tissue cohesion, organ development and defence processes.
The two main components of wheat cell wall are arabinoxylans (AX) and mixed β-glucans (MLG). Because their structural variability impacts the development and processing quality of wheat, obtaining adequate insight into the occurrence and spatial distribution of these biopolymers across the grain is of considerable interest. The approach applied in the mobility project involves the in situ enzymatic hydrolysis of cell wall polysaccharides, followed by analysis of the spatial distribution of the generated oligosaccharides using MALDI mass spectrometry.
I was born in December 1985 in Belgrade, Serbia. In 2008 I graduated at the Faculty of Chemistry of the University of Belgrade with average grade 9.47/10. In 2011, I defended my PhD at the University of Belgrade’s Faculty of Chemistry as the youngest PhD of the Department so far. From 2009-2010, I was employed as a Graduate researcher, from 2010-2012 as Associate researcher and from 2012 as Scientific Associate at the Faculty of Chemistry/Innovation Centre, University of Belgrade. From 2009-2011, I was hired as the assistant for the course “Chemistry of the Natural Products” at the Faculty of Chemistry (Biochemistry department) University of Belgrade. During the course of my postdoctoral project, I was one of the supervisors of a master 1 thesis about MALDI imaging. My general research interests are applications of enzymes (glycosidases and lipases) in aqueous and non-aqueous systems; enzymatic kinetic; glycosides and oligosaccharides synthesis by enzymes; isolation, purification and characterisation of glycosides; MALDI analysis of oligosaccharides.
- Marija Pavlović, Aleksandra Dimitrijević, Dejan Bezbradica, Nenad Milosavić, Marija Gavrović-Jankulović, Dejan Šegan, Dušan Veličković. Dual effect of benzyl alcohol on α-glucosidase activity: efficient substrate for high yield transglucosylation and non-competitive inhibitor of its hydrolytic activity. Carbohydrate Research, (2013), In Press.
- Marija Stojanović, Dušan Veličković, Aleksandra Dimitrijević, Nenad Milosavić, Zorica Knežević-Jugović, Dejan Bezbradica. Lipase-catalyzed synthesis of ascorbyl oleate in acetone: Optimization of reaction conditions and lipase reusability. Journal of Oleo Science, 62, (2013), 591-603.
- Dejan Bezbradica, Marija Stojanović, Dušan Veličković, Aleksandra Dimitrijević, Milica Carević, Mladen Mihailović, Nenad Milosavić. Kinetic model of lipase-catalyzed conversion of ascorbic acid and oleic acid to liposoluble vitamin C ester. Biochemical Engineering Journal, 71, (2013), 89-96.
- Jovana Trbojević, Aleksandra Dimitrijević, Dušan Veličković, Marija Gavrović-Jankulović, Nenad Milosavić. Isolation of Candida rugosa lipase isoforms, Chemical Industry, (2013) DOI:10.2298/HEMIND120828113T.
- Nevena Prlainović, Dejan Bezbradica, Zorica Knežević-Jugović, Dušan Veličković, Dušan Mijin. Enzymatic synthesis of vitamin B6 precursor. Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society, (2013) doi: 10.2298/JSC130322050P.
- Marija Pavlović, Aleksandra Dimitrijević, Jovana Trbojević, Nenad Milosavić, Marija Gavrović- Jankulović, Dejan Bezbradica, Dušan Veličković, A Study of transglucosylation kinetic in an enzymatic synthesis of benzyl alcohol glucoside by α-glucosidase from S.cerevisiae. Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry A, (2013) In Press.
- Aleksandra Dimitrijević, Dušan Veličković, Dejan Bezbradica, Nenad Milosavić. Specificity of maltase to maltose in three different direction of reaction: Hydrolitic, vanillyl alcohol glucoside and vanillyl alcohol isomaltoside synthesys. Biotechnology Progress, 28, (2012), 1450-1456.
- Nenad Milosavić, Jelena Bogdanović Pristov, Dušan Veličković, Aleksandra Dimitrijević, Aleksandar Kalauzi, Ksenija Radotić. Study of the covalently immobilized amyloglucosidase on macroporous polymer by mathematical modeling of the pH optima. Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology ,87, (2012), 1450-1457.
- Dušan Veličković, Aleksandra Dimitrijević,Filip Bihelović , Dejan Bezbradica, Zorica Knežević-Jugović, Nenad Milosavić. Novel glycoside of vanillyl alcohol, 4-hydroxy-3-methoxybenzyl-α-D-glucopyranoside: study of enzymatic synthesis, in vitro digestion and antioxidant activity. Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering. 35, (2012), 1107-1115.
- Aleksandra Dimitrijević, Dušan Veličković, Filip Bihelović, Dejan Bezbradica, Ratko Jankov, Nenad Milosavić. One-step, inexpensive and high yield strategy for Candida antarctica lipase A isolation using hydroxyapatite. Bioresource Technology. 107, (2012), 358-362.
- Aleksandra Dimitrijević, Dušan Veličković, Ratko. Jankov, Nenad Milosavić, „Electrophoretic and zymographic techniques for production monitoring of two lipase forms from Candida antarctica DSM 70725“, Chemical Industry. 66 (2012) 201-206.
- Nenad Milosavić, Aleksandra Dimitrijević, Dušan Veličković, Dejan Bezbradica, Zorica Knežević-Jugović, Ratko Jankov, Application of alginates in cell and enzyme immobilization. In book “Alginates: Production, Types and Applications“ Nova Science Publishers, Inc. 400 Oser Avenue, Suite 1600, Hauppauge, NY11788, (2011).
- Dušan Veličković, Aleksandra Dimitrijević, Filip Bihelović, Dejan Bezbradica, Ratko Jankov, Nenad Milosavić. A highly efficient diastereoselective synthesis of α-isosalicin by maltase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Process Biochemistr. 46, (2011) 1698-1702
- Aleksandra Dimitrijević, Dušan Veličković, Milena Rikalović, Nataša Avramović, Nenad Milosavić, Ratko Jankov, Ivanka Karadžić. Simultaneous production of exopolysaccharide and lipase from extremophylic Pseudomonas aeruginosa san-ai strain: A novel approach for lipase immobilization and purification. Carbohydrate Polymers. 83, (2011), 1397-1401.
- Dušan Veličković, , Aleksandra Dimitrijević, , Filip Bihelović, Ratko Jankov, Nenad Milosavić. Study of the kinetic parameters for synthesis and hydrolysis of pharmacologically active salicin isomer catalyzed by baker’s yeast maltase. Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 85 (2011) 73-77.
Aleksandra Dimitrijević, Dušan Veličković, Filip Bihelović, Dejan Bezbradica, Ratko Jankov, Nenad Milosavić, Production of lipase from Pseudozyma aphidis and determination of the activity and stability of the crude lipase preparation in polar organic solvents, Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society, 76 (2011) 1081-1092
2009. Holder of a special recognition of the Serbian Chemical Society for outstanding achievement in the academic studies.
2008. Scholarship Fund for Young Talents of the Ministry of Youth and Sport of the Republic of Serbia.
2007. Scholarship from the Ministry of Education and Sports of the Republic of Serbia.